Thursday 17 November 2011

Artist Model

Research Images

I didn't really have any artist model in such but had a bank of images that I referred to and built from.





Floating shipping containers was my original idea in terms of if they had fallen off a boat. After I had been making my model the Rena happened and I found out what the actually happens to containers after they had fallen. The idea of fallen shipping containers came to me while I was going though my photos on my laptop and I had taken photos of the containers at the Viaduc.




The idea of the pallet came from me brain storming about shipping containers and the way they use them. Pallets turned out to be a major part of my design and can clearly relate to the idea of shipping. The wooden pallet is yet another item which is a universal size which is world wide, Same with the shipping containers. 

(Images retrieved from google by google search "Pallet Architect" from google.co.nz)
(Rena Images are from "New Zealand Herald")

No comments:

Post a Comment